Monday, April 20, 2009

Meeting Extraordinary People and Animals

This past weekend, I was very fortunate to meet two pet partners from the local hospital. I interviewed Beth and Dugan, a gorgeous red merle Aussie. Dugan Stuart is one of the most relaxed Aussies I've met. He sat at our feet as I listened to Beth describe their experiences with visiting. True to Aussie form, Dugan prefers meet and greet, moving around to meet as many people as he can.

Peggy and Bobby Lee, a remarkable and noble chocolate lab, were the other interviewees. Bobby Lee is blind, and right now, their only pet partner. Peggy and her husband have adopted five labs, three of them blind. Bobby Lee has been with the program for several years and enjoys visiting at the Chemical Dependency Center. He enjoys being the center of attention.

Thank you to both families, for letting me get to know (and interview) such amazing people and animals. I am grateful to you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment